Microsoft has finally launched the Skype for Business app for Windows Phone, which now replaces the old Lync 2013 app. Earlier this year, Microsoft rebranded the business-oriented messaging software Lync to Skype for Business and has rolled it out for a variety of consumers in preview form.
Skype for Business, formerly Lync 2013, for Windows Phone extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your mobile device – including voice and video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, meetings, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
Here’s a list of features the Skype for Business app has to offer:
- View shared content during a meeting, on your mobile device
- Initiate a group conversation (IM or video) or invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin, and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate amazing ideas
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees)
- Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
- Pick up your conversations from the point where you ended them last
- Join (and enjoy) a Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have a Skype for Business account
- Enhanced security with Skype for Business certificate and passive authentication
Head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab Skype for Business app for your device.Microsoft, Skype for Business, Windows Phone