Microsoft has finally launched the Skype for Business app for Windows Phone, which now replaces the old Lync 2013 app. Earlier this year, Microsoft rebranded the business-oriented messaging software Lync to Skype for Business and has rolled it out for a variety of consumers in preview form.
Skype for Business, formerly Lync 2013, for Windows Phone extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your mobile device – including voice and video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, meetings, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
Here’s a list of features the Skype for Business app has to offer:
- View shared content during a meeting, on your mobile device
- Initiate a group conversation (IM or video) or invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin, and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate amazing ideas
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees)
- Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
- Pick up your conversations from the point where you ended them last
- Join (and enjoy) a Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have a Skype for Business account
- Enhanced security with Skype for Business certificate and passive authentication
Head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab Skype for Business app for your device.