Just yesterday, we reported that Overwatch developers were teasing their fans towards a potential announcement this week. All the signs pointed to the corresponding Fashion Week taking place in Paris, along with some little hints strewn about in the game. Today, Blizzard finally broke through with the newest hero to keep the world safe.
Orisa, the spider robot tank, and the newest Overwatch hero, is a rebuilt OR-15 model that was thrown into the fray quite literally. If you haven’t been following the lore lately, the Doomfist gauntlet was stolen and a broken down ‘spider’ robot that was tossed into the international airport in game was left in ruins. But thanks to the newest NPC character introduced, little 11-year-old scientist Efi Oladele has taken it on herself to build the next hero for Overwatch.
Focused on protecting those around her, Orisa is slotted to be the sixth tank in the game. Her main attack is the Fusion Driver which is an automatic gun that can be used while moving, albeit at a slower pace which sounds similar to Dva’s main weapon. Furthermore, Orisa will be able to protect her teammates like a true tank should with a large protective barrier.
Here is her full kit:
- Fusion Driver: Orisa’s automatic projectile cannon delivers sustained damage, but slows her movement while she fires it.
- Fortify: Orisa temporarily reduces damage she takes, and cannot be affected by action-impairing effects.
- Halt!: Orisa launches a graviton charge which she can detonate, slowing nearby enemies and pulling them towards the explosion.
- Protective Barrier: Orisa throws out a stationary barrier that can protect her and her allies from enemy fire.
- Supercharger: Orisa deploys a device to increase damage inflicted by allies within her line of sight.
You can see all of these in action on the Overwatch hero page, or join in on the PTR where Orisa is already live! While the test realm is solely for PC players, the patch releasing Orisa isn’t too far away now for Xbox One and PS4.