For the second week in a row, the Windows Insider team dropped a late Friday Insider Preview build for eager weekend testers. Revealed via her Twitter account, head of the Windows Insider program Dona Sarkar was happy to announce the release of build 17112 to Fast Ring PCs.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) March 2, 2018
Today’s build comes with another dollop of fixes for the PC that many Insider, who are experiencing some related issues, will soon be appreciative of.
Here’s what’s been fixed and improved upon with build 17112,
- We fixed an issue where selecting a notification after taking a screenshot or game clip opened the Xbox app’s home screen instead of opening the screenshot or game clip.
- We fixed an issue where EFI and Recovery partitions were unexpectedly listed in Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- We fixed an issue optimizing drives in Defragment and Optimize Drives didn’t work in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a permanently black window if you dragged a tab out of a Microsoft Edge window, pulled it up to the top edge of the screen, and moved it back down and released it.
- We fixed an issue where the warning on Windows 10 S when trying to run non-Microsoft Store apps from File Explorer might end up stuck behind the File Explorer window.
- We fixed an issue where there was some unexpected extra space in the File Explorer navigation pane before the chevron icons to expand/collapse folders.
- We fixed an issue where if the focus was set inside Action Center pressing Esc wouldn’t close the Action Center window.
- We fixed an issue that could result in ShellExperienceHost periodically waking the device from hibernate if active live tiles were pinned to Start.
- We fixed an issue where navigating to Settings > System > Focus Assist > “Customize your priority list” could crash Settings.
There it is, build 17112 in all its fixable glory. With much of the major development behind Redstone 4, we should expect to see a few more spit and polish releases in the coming weeks.Further reading: build 17112, Edge, Fast Ring, Microsoft