Microsoft has rolled out a new experimental build (version 0.24) for its PowerToys utilities for Windows 10. The update aims explicitly to address existing issues affecting the new Video Conferencing Mute tool and includes all the fixes introduced in version 0.23.2.
The changelog for this release also mentions “telemetry for settings,” but the company hasn’t provided more details about it yet.
We just released an update to the experimental release with our Video conference muting feature of #powerToys. https://t.co/stjpafDOPU
— Clint Rutkas (@ClintRutkas) October 13, 2020
Here’s the full list of improvements and fixes in PowerToys version 0.24:
- DroidCam – #6246 (comment)
Camera overlay image:
- image dialog doesn’t work when running settings as admin
- it shows always, even when the option to hide it is on
- it always use the light theme
- always open on startup even when disabled #6396
- not all microphones are muted
- offer option to select which microphone to mute
- settings info for hotkeys valid modifiers – #6246 (comment)
- Fixed possible crash in PowerToys when the module is turned off
- move VideoConferenceViewModel.cs from Settings.UI to Settings.UI.Lib
toolbarout of the
- add telemetry for settings
It is important to note that it’s a download-only release, and users will not be able to install it via WinGet. “This release will not be on WinGet due to the driver still prompting for permission during install time,” the company explained.
Those who are interested in installing the experimental version can head to the GitHub page now to download the tool.