There’s a new cumulative update that is available for download for Windows 10 devices. It is not to be confused with the massive Fall Threshold 2 update to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, along with the New Xbox One Experience (NXOE) coming November 12th. This looks to be just a small Windows 10 cumulative update to fix some unknown security issue.
The support number for this update is KB3105213 and no specifics are available on what it fixes, here are the release notes that came with the update:
“A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.”
It looks like it is just an update to get your Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile devices ready for Windows 10 Threshold 2 Fall update. Let’s not forget the NXOE coming to Xbox One as well, with a new user interface and backwards compatibility. We will just have to brace ourselves until Windows 10 Threshold 2 Fall update arrives November 12.
Update: here are the patch details:
- 3105256 MS15-122: Security update for Kerberos to address security feature bypass: November 10, 2015
- 3104521 MS15-119: Security update in TDX.sys to address elevation of privilege: November 10, 2015
- 3104507 MS15-118: Security updates in the .NET Framework to address elevation of privilege: November 10, 2015
- 3105864 MS15-115: Security update for Windows to address remote code execution: November 10, 2015
- 3104519 MS15-113: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: November 10, 2015
- 3104517 MS15-112: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: November 10, 2015
- 3108638 Microsoft security advisory: Update to Hyper-V to address CPU weakness: November 10, 2015
- 3108604 Microsoft security advisory: Description of the security update for Windows Hyper-V: November 10, 2015