Microsoft is continuing its countdown to the release of Windows 10 on July 29th with another video in its series 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10. This particular momentum building video is featuring the all new browser in Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.
The video, released to promote Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, showcases the browser’s ability to:
- Support handwriting directly on webpage.
- Easily sharing those same pages with your handwriting.
- Save articles for reading later in a convenient reading list.
- View pages in a reading mode that removes everything from a page except the article’s text and lead image.
- Provide quick answers to questions you type in the search bar thanks to integration from Cortana and Bing.
Microsoft built its new browser from the ground up to be the modern replacement of the aging Internet Explorer. And so far its performance is impressing many with phenomenal speeds in a number of benchmarks compared to Chrome and others.
Microsoft has also already committed to expanding Edge’s features past RTM, with plans for Chrome and Firefox-like extension support, more Cortana scenarios, Object RTC, Pointer lock, and more.
What are you looking forward to most in Microsoft Edge or Windows 10 in general? Let us know in the comment section below.Further reading: Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10