The Minecraft Earth augmented reality mobile game updated to Version R11 today on iOS and Android devices. This new update made several changes to the menus and the way certain aspects of the app are displayed and also improved the flow of Adventure gameplay.
Here’s the full release notes:
- We reduced the file size of Minecraft Earth and made it more stable. Small, but mighty!
- Added a selection indicator when choosing your Mob of Me, so you can decide what Me you want to be today.
- The Mob of Me selection screen now has an exit button so you can get back to mining, crafting, and building in glorious fashion.
- Illuminating! Bright mode is now color balanced for a more pleasant viewing experience in outdoor conditions.
- The Crafting and Smelting menus have been overhauled so they’re easier to use, and they look dang spiffy.
- Adventure previews got a makeover – they’re full screen and have a new UI that really complements your eyes.
- Time is of the essence! There’s a new indicator that lets you know how much time you have left in an Adventure before it despawns.
- Incred-apple! Trees now spawn apples as intended.
- Fit check! Players can now rotate their avatar in the profile screen, and the dressing room now loads properly for new accounts with fresh installs.
- Vibe check! Haptic feedback no longer triggers when vibration is turned off on Android devices.
- Fixed an issue with item clipping while people occlusion is enabled. Cool!
Minecraft Earth is similar to the popular Pokemon GO video game wherein it uses a smartphone’s camera to overlay the gameplay on the real world. What sets the title apart, is how it allows the player to create their own custom Minecraft digital creations at specific GPS coordinates.