The app is designed for artists and graphic designers for creating and editing images. It supports touch, stylus with Microsoft Surface and Wacom tablets, the Surface Dial, and all of the major image file types.
Here’s the official list of features in CoreIDRAW Microsoft Store Edition.
- VECTOR ILLUSTRATION – Use powerful vector illustration tools turn basic lines and shapes into complex works of art.
- PAGE LAYOUT – Find all the tools you need to create layouts for brochures, newsletters, multi-page documents and more.
- TYPOGRAPHY – Arrange type beautifully with a complete set of typography tools. Adjust font, size, leading and kerning, and add effects to text like block shadows and contours.
- COLOR & TRANSPARENCY – Easily apply color to both fills and outlines. Change the transparency of an object, and fill objects with patterns, gradients, and mesh fills, and more.
- STYLES – Manage styles and style sets to apply consistent formatting across multiple objects, produce iterative versions, and format whole documents quickly and consistently.
- TRACING – Save precious time while converting bitmap images into vectors. The built-in Corel® PowerTRACE™ engine turns the most demanding bitmap images into high-quality vector objects.
- NON-DESTRUCTIVE EDITING Edit bitmaps and vectors knowing you won’t harm original image or object. Enjoy many non-destructive features such as Block Shadow tool, Symmetry Drawing mode, and more.
- WEB GRAPHICS TOOLS – Develop captivating web content and graphics with a collection of web graphics tools and presets.
- PROFESSIONAL PRINT OUTPUT – With a powerful color management engine, you can control color consistency across different media and know your colors are accurate before you print.
- FILE COMPATIBILITY – Publish to a wide variety of file formats, including AI, PSD, PDF, JPG, PNG, SVG, DWG, DXF, EPS, TIFF and more.
- PEN – Work quickly and efficiently with Windows Real-Time Stylus pen-compatible tablets, such as the Microsoft Surface, in addition to the Wacom tablet and devices.
- TOUCH – Create quick adjustments using touch or a stylus. The Touch workspace maximizes the size of your drawing window by displaying only the tools and commands used most often.
- DIAL – Enjoy support for Microsoft Surface Dial. Experience an alternative and more intuitive way of working in CorelDRAW by using touch and dial alone.
CoreIDRAW Microsoft Store Edition does require a monthly subscription but all first-time users gain full access for free for the first week of usage.
Are you a fan of CoreIDRAW or do you prefer another app for creating artwork on your tablet? Share your recommendations with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more app content.