For the first time ever, the entire Windows Insider team is at a conference – Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, that is. Yet, the ninjas are still at work and have managed to release Insider Preview build 16299 for PC for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
This build is not available for Skip Ahead users, mind you.
Here’s a list of what’s fixed in this build:
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
Microsoft has already stated that the team is at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where the focus is on stabilization. Therefore, the new Insider builds are frequent, but mostly include bug fixes only.Further reading: build 16299, Windows 10, Windows Insider