Microsoft releases Windows 10 PC build 15063.296 and Windows 10 Mobile build 15063.297 on the Production Ring
Today is Patch Tuesday, and Microsoft has started to roll out new cumulative update for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile devices running the Creators Update. On PC, the update is labeled “KB4016871” in Windows Update and installing it will bump the build number to 15063.296. You will also see the security Update KB4020821 for Adobe Flash Player plus the security fix for the critical Windows Defender vulnerability that was recently discovered by Google.
As for Windows 10 Mobile users, they can now download the build 15063.297. As usual, this new cumulative update brings no new features but a couple of bug fixes and improvements. Here is what Microsoft mentioned in the combined changelog:
- Addressed issue with Surface Hub devices waking from sleep approximately every four minutes after the first two hours.
- Addressed issue where autochk.exe can randomly skip drive checks and not fix corruptions, which may lead to data loss.
- Addressed an issue where Microsoft Edge users in networking environments that do not fully support the TCP Fast Open standard may have problems connecting to some websites. Users can re-enable TCP Fast Open in about:flags.
- Addressed issues with Arc Touch mouse Bluetooth connectivity.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows SMB Server, Windows COM, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows kernel, Windows Server, and the .NET Framework.
Once you have downloaded these cumulative updates on your Windows 10 PCs and phones, let us know in the comments if these new builds are running fine on your devices. Happy downloading!Further reading: cumulative update, Microsoft, Patch Tuesday, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile