Microsoft has today announced that it’s pushing a new build of Windows 10 out to Windows Insiders, which includes the highly-anticipated web browser Spartan! Microsoft notes that todays build is pretty much all about Spartan, so it’s time to be excited!
Here’s some known issues for the build:
- After logging in, you may see a blue screen instead of your desktop. To work around this issue, lock your PC (with the hardware button or by pressing the Windows Key + L) and try logging in again. You can also try Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Indexing of new email in Outlook is not working, so search results will be limited to when the last index was built.
- If you have Virtual Machines hosted on your PC running Windows 10, you will want to move to the Slow ring and wait for the next build as this build breaks the ability to run VMs.
A number of issues have also been fixed in this build:
- We’ve fixed the issue from Build 10041 for when the Photos app on your PC crashes when you tap on the circular icon at the top left to view the photo you just took.
- We’ve also fixed the issue from Build 10041 where you might end up in a state where windows open on your desktop are accidentally visible behind the Start Screen, Task View, Snap Assist, and when rearranging windows in Tablet Mode.
- You will no longer get stuck when you manually lock your PC (Windows Key + L) during the initial out-of-box experience.
Microsoft warns developers using Visual Studio 2015 to not install this new build as VS2015 has some issues. Microsoft is working to fix these soon. Insiders can check for updates via the fast ring right now. Considering the build was just pushed out, it may take some time to reach you. Keep checking for updates however!Further reading: Microsoft, Windows 10