Microsoft is looking to expand its MVP program to include specialists who dabble in the world of cloud computing. Similar to other long-standing Microsoft MVP programs, the company is opening its doors and certification standards to foster a technical community around its Azure platform and services.
Microsoft is currently on the lookout for customers, users and cloud service providers with a keen knowledge and combined passion for everything Azure.
Microsoft describes the new Azure MVP program, its benefits and its call to action more succinctly in the following:
What is the MVP Program?
- Microsoft’s MVP Program recognizes individuals who, over the past 12 months, have demonstrated superior knowledge, leadership and passion, combined with a desire to help and accelerate other’s learning, careers, and abilities.
- To determine if you, or someone you know, meets the criteria to become an MVP for Azure, here are some things we are seeking:
- Passion about Microsoft Azure features and services, and excitement about what’s next
- Drive and motivation to share your knowledge with the wider technical community
- Significant contributions over the past year to online communities and/or in-person events (i.e., speaking, blogging, podcasts, hosting events, mentoring, etc.).
- Seen as a go-to person to discuss newly-released cloud technology and to advise on implementation
What are the benefits and opportunities?
- Among the host of benefits and opportunities that Microsoft MVPs receive are:
- Recognition as being an outstanding community leader
- Early access to Microsoft products
- Direct communication channels with our product teams
- Invitation to the Global MVP Summit, an exclusive annual event hosted in our global HQ in Redmond.
- Close relationships with the local Microsoft teams in your area who support and empower MVPs to address needs and opportunities in the local ecosystem.
For those interested in becoming a first time Microsoft MVP or adding Azure specialist to their list of credentials, visit the companies MVP nomination page. Once self-nominated or otherwise, participants can begin their journey on becoming an elite specialist to one of the industry’s top performing and quickly adopted cloud services.Further reading: Cloud, Microsoft, mvp