Just two weeks after version 4.4 of Microsoft Launcher released to the general public, a new version of the Android launcher app has already hit the Google Play Store. With the version 4.5 update, Microsoft Launcher gets even more customization options and the usual performance enhancements (via Neowin.)
The most significant change in this release is the ability to adjust icon size in the app drawer, dock, and the home screen. There are also new options for creating shortcuts on Android Oreo devices and setting wallpapers for home and lock screen in Android 7.0+. See the changelog below for the full details.
- Let meeting attendees know you’re running late from the calendar card.
- Employees whose enterprises leverage Microsoft Intune’s data protection policies can now use the Microsoft Launcher for viewing corporate data.
- Adjust icon size in the app drawer, dock and home screen.
- Set wallpapers for home and lock screen ( 7.0+)
- Add blank pages in vertical mode
- Recurring reminders
- Oreo shortcuts creation
Though not mentioned in the changelog, users should also notice a "Trending on Bing" carousel when using the search function. As is routine, this same 4.5 update was being tested with Beta users for the last two weeks and is now finally available for everyone. You can update now by heading to the Google Play Store, or you can check it out via the link below.