Now that the version 4.4 of Microsoft Launcher is now generally available for Android users, the team is releasing a fresh new update for beta testers. The version 4.5 of the app brings several new features including Microsoft Intune integration, support for Android Oreo app shortcuts and more. Interestingly, an experimental feature also lets you import settings from other launchers.
New update for those using the #MicrosoftLauncher beta! Version 4.5, headed your way ?
— Jen Gentleman ? (@JenMsft) January 12, 2018
Microsoft Software engineer Jen Gentleman published a changelog for the update on Twitter yesterday, but a more complete version can be found on the dedicated Google+ community. Here is it in its entirety below:
What’s new for v4.5:
- Running Late? Now you can let meeting attendees know you’re running late straight from the calendar card.
- Microsoft Intune integration: Employees whose enterprises leverage Microsoft Intune’s data protection policies can now use the Microsoft Launcher for viewing corporate data. Enterprise data protection policies now apply on all Microsoft Launcher surfaces.
- Icon size: Adjust your icon size in the app drawer, dock and home screen
- Set different wallpapers for your home screen and lock screen (Android 7.0+)
- Add blank Home screen pages in vertical mode;
- Enable recurring reminders;
- Support Android Oreo app/widget shortcuts creation;
- Import from other launchers from Settings -> Backup / Restore (experimental)
- Reset your launcher from Settings -> Utilities / Reset Launcher; (experimental)
To install this latest beta build, you’ll have to visit the Google Play Beta Store and then select “Become a tester.” As usual, you’re invited to share your feedback on the new features in the Google+ community.Further reading: Android, Microsoft Launcher