Even though the Windows Insider team is busy this week, they still found time to push a new build for 20H1 Fast Ring Insiders. The build features some redesign work to the Network Status page, some Chinese input improvements, and more extensive rollouts for Notifications settings improvements and the new Cortana experience.
Along with the new stuff, Micrsosoft has made a number of changes to Windows 10 with this build, including going back to having Tamper Protection on by default for all Insiders. Here’s the full list of changes
- We’re in the process of returning Tamper Protection to being on by default for all Insiders. You’ll see this change reflected on your PC across the next few weeks.
- We fixed an issue where, if snipping via Print Screen was enabled, certain UI would unexpectedly dismiss before it could be captured in the snip.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard button not launching the touch keyboard on certain devices.
- We fixed an issue where, if you dragged File Explorer while the search dropdown was visible, the dropdown could end up disconnected from the search box.
- We fixed an issue where, if a search was in progress in File Explorer, then it’d take two clicks on the X to clear the search results.
- We fixed an issue where using the “Automatically type into Search Box” view setting would result in the first letter of your File Explorer search being dropped.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer recent searches weren’t disabled when the group policy “Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box” was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash when searching File Explorer starting in a OneDrive folder if OneDrive was not running.
- We fixed an issue where Homegroup options might still appear in the “Give access to” File Explorer context menu entry, despite the Homegroup feature no longer being available.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a taskbar search crash right after log-in.
There’s also a quite short list of known issues:
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Occasionally, the candidate selection in prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME doesn’t match with the composition string. We are investigating the issue.
- When connected via cellular, the Network status will be incorrect, but the device is able to use the connection.
So if you haven’t already, get to downloading this latest Windows 10 Insider 20H1 Fast Ring build, and have fun!