As reported by ComputerWorld, Microsoft confirmed that the new Display Dock accessory for the upcoming Lumia 950 and 950 XL will be priced at $99. Aimed at business users and gadget geeks alike, the Microsoft Display Dock helps turn the Lumia 950 and 950 XL into ultra-portable PCs. If you missed the Windows10devices event, and the Microsoft Display Dock presentation by Brian Roper; he certainly wowed the crowd with the Continuum capabilities of the Display Dock on his Lumia 950 XL.
According to the Microsoft Display Dock product page, there are a number of great specs like:
- Charging connectors: USB-C
- AV connectors: DisplayPort, HDMI Connector
- System connectors: DisplayPort over USB-C
- USB: 2 x USB 2.0, USB 2.0 high current charging port
- Video resolution: up to 1080p (Full HD, 1920 x 1080)
- Content protection: High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 1.3 / 1.4
The Microsoft Display Dock promises a 60 FPS refresh rate and currently only supports the lumia 950 and 950 XL. No word yet on if the Microsoft Display Dock will be able to support other high-end Lumias with Windows 10 Mobile when the OS rolls out in December, but one can only hope. The accessory will be available in November.