Nick Bertke, a music producer and remixer, has created a music track made entirely from sounds relating to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 video game console. He uses the eject and power beeps, sounds of the console itself being hit, as well as recordings of Xbox 360 game cases colliding with each other.
“Making something entirely out of the sounds of my Xbox 360 hardware and game boxes,” Bertke says of his creation. “No synths, loops or samples.” Here’s his full list of raw sounds:
- Kick: XBox being placed on my cabinet
- Snare: Hitting the side with a mallet
- Claps: Game boxes landing on each other, disc landing in tray
- Hat: Tapping the top grill with a drum stick
- Shaker: Chafing the grill with a mallet
- Pads: Power beep slowed down and looped
- Bass: Eject beep slowed down
- Arpeggiator: Buzzing after inserting a disc
Have you discovered any other remixes made with console sounds like this? Let us know your favorites in the comments below.