Lenovo’s new REACHit app makes Cortana even more personal on Windows 10
During Lenovo Tech World today in Beijing China, Microsoft and Lenovo have formed a partnership in regards to Cortana on Windows 10. Lenovo unveiled a new technology called “REACHit” which taps into Cortana on Windows 10 offering “a much larger inventory of information to search, opening up an entirely new level of contextual search and giving users the most comprehensive, seamless and natural way to find their personal digital content.”
“We are living in a world where technology has made it easy to amass unprecedented amounts of personal digital content,” said Mark Cohen, Vice President, Ecosystem and Cloud Services, Lenovo. “So much information that it can be extremely difficult to remember where it is stored. What you need is an assistant – a friend – who is always at the ready to help. That is where Cortana and REACHit comes in, enabling people to find their personal content in an incredibly natural way – by asking a friend for help.”
Cortana and REACHit are actually two different apps – Microsoft’s Cortana, a personal digital assistant included with Windows 10, and Lenovo’s REACHit, an app that lets you connect and search multiple file storage locations in one place. When you put them together, Cortana will find you any content in any storage location that is connected to REACHit.
REACHit is designed to make Cortana smarter, by searching personal cloud accounts including services like Google Drive, DropBox, and more. REACHit makes it possible for Cortana to do more for you, like remember when you were working on a file, what device you were on, who emailed it to you, or what meeting you were in. Here are the key features:
- Allows users to search for photos, videos, documents and music across devices, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, PCs and tablets.
- Gives users the ability to add location to searches, cross-referencing the file event with the location data to produce the most relevant results.
- Cortana and REACHit works on Lenovo PCs and tablets running Windows 10.
- Since Lenovo and Microsoft collaborated on this project, this results in a seamless, enhanced Cortana search experience.
- The most natural search – express your search as you would normally speak it, based on what you can remember.
- Contextual awareness enables you to search in ways you never thought possible.
REACHit will be available as a beta when Windows 10 launches later this summer. REACHit will also be generally available for download in the fall and will be exclusively available on Lenovo PCs and tablets running Windows 10. You can check out REACHit right here and request an invite to the Beta program.Further reading: Cortana, Lenovo, Microsoft, Windows 10