Lenovo goes all in on Windows on ARM with new Snapdragon 850 powered Yoga C630
When Microsoft announced the Always Connected PC (also known by us tech pundits as Windows 10 on ARM) Lenovo came on board the initiative with their Miix 630 convertible. That device received some mixed reviews, but many have also since complained about the overall instability and limitations of Windows 10 on ARM processors. Well, one year later, Lenovo is back at it again and is going all in on Windows 10 on ARM with the new Snapdragon 850 powered Yoga C630 all-in-one convertible.
The Snapdragon 850 was announced about three months ago at Computex in Taiwan. Compared to the last generation Snapdragon 835, this 8-core processor comes with 30 percent increase in performance, three times the AI performance, and a 20 percent increase in battery life and Gigabit LTE speed. This all will now get ported over into the Yoga C630 convertible— the industry’s first Windows 10 device to be powered by the Snapdragon 850. Specs are listed below.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850
- OS: Windows 10S
- Dimension: 12.08” x 8.52” x 0.49” (306.8 x 216.9 x 12.5 mm)
- Weight: Starting at 2.6lbs (1.2 kg)
- Display: 13.3” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Touchscreen
- Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 630
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR4X | 8 GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 256 GB UFC 2.1| 128 GB UFC 2.1
- Audio: Stereo speaker
- Battery: Up to 25+ Hours Based on local video playback
- IO ports: 2 x USB Type-C | Left port supports: USB 3.0/PD | Right port supports: USB 3.0/PD/DisplayPort| Audio Jack, 1 | Sim card holder
- Features: Fanless design, Optional Lenovo Active Pen, Integrated FingerPrint Reader
All in all, this device is pretty promising, and it likely shows that Windows 10 on ARM is here to stay and give Intel a run for its money. Not only does the device look appealing with a thin and light soft touch polished metal design, but it also comes packed with plenty of power under the hood. Users should be able to enjoy the bump in processing power and battery life, and the convenience of being always connected with 4G LTE.Further reading: Always Connected PC, Lenovo, Microsoft, Snapdragon 835, Snapdragon 850, Windows 10 on ARM, YOGA