Microsoft has just started rolling out the Windows 10 Insider PC build 16273 to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring, and this one brings a pretty long list of bug fixes and improvements for PC users. It’s been three weeks since the last preview build was released on the Fast Ring, so the Windows Insider team had a bit more time than usual to polish this release.
You can find the full release notes below:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed the issue causing the Virus and Threat Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center to show as “unknown” after upgrading to the last build.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in the idle timer continually being reset – thus preventing the display from going to sleep.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected 0x800706BE error sometimes when trying to initiate a remote desktop connection in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where Windows Update’s Delivery Optimization settings would reset back to default upon leaving the page.
- If you previously accessed Device Encryption on the About Settings page, you’ll find we’ve moved it to its own page under Settings > Update & Security > Device Encryption.
- We fixed an issue where the lock screen might unexpectedly just show your theme color instead of the selected custom or Spotlight image after upgrading in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in certain apps crashing when attempting to use the app to capture a picture using the webcam.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Node.js (v6.9.4) not being able to run scripts stored in OneDrive or access any paths in OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly large number of OneDrive app-requested download notifications.
- We fixed an issue where using Alt-P to open the preview pane in File Explorer for PDFs associated with Acrobat would say “This file can’t be previewed.” in recent builds instead of displaying their first page.We fixed an issue where right-clicking on the volume icon in the systray might sometimes unexpectedly take 3-5 seconds for the context menu to appear.
- We fixed an issue where changing the selected option in the dropdown under Multiple Displays in Display Settings didn’t do anything.
- We fixed an issue resulting in adding a phone or taking a new profile picture in Settings not working if Settings was run elevated.
- We fixed an issue resulting in DVD Player failing with error 0xC00D36B4 on machines with DX10 graphics cards.
- We fixed an issue for PowerShell in Japanese where the “た。” character of the sentence “検証 23% が 完了しました。” would display repeatedly when running SFC /scannow.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain games like Cut the Rope, Buggy Racing and others from unexpectedly extending past the bottom of the screen when put in full screen mode in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue with the custom color picker, for example seem in Color Settings, where panning with touch across the colors would move the area rather than smoothly update the selected color.
- We fixed an issue resulting in acrylic material’s noise layer blinking in a second after the rest of the UI if the UI was animating in on top of a video.
- We’ve improved the rendering performance when using touch to pan UWP app windows that have applied acrylic material.
- We fixed an issue resulting in XAML controls sometimes unexpectedly becoming pure white in recent builds when transparency was enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the OneNote app sometimes having rendering issues in recent flights (for example, missing text blocks).
- We fixed an issue resulting in Forza Horizon 3 crashing when loading (after selecting “continue”).
- As a result of low usage, Screen Saver functionality has been disabled in themes. Screen Saver functionality in Group Policies, Control Panel, and Sysprep is now deprecated but continues to be functional. Lock screen features and policies are preferred.
As usual, you can download this latest build by checking Windows Update on your PC. Let us know in the comments how is your experience after installing this new build on your PC.Further reading: build 16273, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows Insider