Here are the changes and known issues for Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15208
Microsoft is rolling out today the Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15208 to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring, and as the build number suggests it this is just a minor update for the “Feature2” development branch. There are no new features in this build, but the changelog mentions two fixes for Bluetooth settings and another issue that could slow down the phone shutdown process.
There are also some known issues, and the Windows Insider team warned that Insiders could experience random shutdown on some devices. You can find the full changelog below:
Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We’ve fixed the issue where some Insiders were unable to open both the Connect UX page and/or the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” setting on the Bluetooth Settings page.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected extra ~20 sec being added to the phone shutdown process due to a deadlock if you tried to shut down soon after switching from one network to another.
Known issues for Mobile
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
If your handset is supported, you can download this new preview build by checking Windows Update. Let us know in the comments if you’re having any issues after installing it.Further reading: build 15208, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Insider