Two weeks ago, we heard a rumor about an upcoming release of the Xbox One exclusive Forza Motorsport 6 on the Windows Store, but we finally learned the truth today as Microsoft just revealed that the Forza franchise will make its debut on Windows 10 with a brand new Forza Motorsport 6: Apex game. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, this new opus will be released on the Windows Store this spring as “an invitation for Windows 10 PC gamers to join millions of Forza players worldwide and experience thrilling racing, addictive gameplay and stunning graphics.”
The free-to-play may be targeted at players who are new to the Forza franchise, but Forza fans should be happy to know that the gaming experience will be very familiar. Here’s some details about the gameplay, and a trailer to whet your appetite:
- A career mode, anchored by a new 12-event “Showcase Tour”, which introduces players to fascinating cars and unique automotive match-ups through a series of beautifully crafted and entertaining videos, narrated by automotive celebrities such as James May and Richard Hammond.
- A new objective and scoring system, which challenges the player to grow their skill and compare scores with their friends, and each event is a completely unique experience with unending replay value.
- A new “Spotlight Series” will feature new Showcase-style events that will be updated on a regular basis.
- Bleeding edge race cars like the 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro, modern masterpieces like the 2017 Ford GT, and classic American Muscle like the 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455.
- 20 exciting track configurations across six locations – Brands Hatch, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Rio de Janeiro, Sebring International Raceway, Top Gear and Yas Marina – including night and wet-weather variants.
- Trademark Forza innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and a hand-picked selection of 63 fully functioning Forzavista™-enabled cars, each with working cockpits and full damage.
Forza fans should also be delighted as the Xbox team shares that Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is “a powerful demonstration of what the ForzaTech engine can do when unleashed by DirectX 12 at resolutions up to 4K”. We can’t wait to try this new Forza game on our Windows 10 PCs! Please tell us in the comment if you’re happy to see a free Forza game coming on the Windows 10 Store.Further reading: Forza Motorsport, Forza Motorsport 6 Apex, Microsoft, Windows 10, Xbox One