Dell announced today that U.S. customers can begin pre-ordering select devices that will come loaded with Microsoft’s newest operating system Windows 10.
Orders placed now will start shipping on July 29th, the official release date of Windows 10. The announcement also boasts that with same day shipping you can have your new Dell Windows 10 device delivered on July 30th and be one of the first to show of new laptop or desktop designed for the new operating system.
The website lists the following devices as available today for pre-order with Windows 10:
- Inspiron desktops
- The award-winning Inspiron 11 2-in-1
- Inspiron 15 laptop configurations
- XPS 8700 desktop
Dell also mentions some of the Windows 10 features that their new devices will be able to support, such as:
- Great touch interface on the industry’s best high-resolution InfinityEdge screen for use with Microsoft Continuum.
- Dell is an early adopter of Intel’s RealSense 3D cameras… We’re pretty bullish on what RealSense will do for the facial recognition login with Windows Hello, allowing you to securely and instantly log into your PC.
- Dell has been on the cutting edge of audio integration, and folding Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana into the PC experience will be done seamlessly
As the launch date for Windows 10 gets closer and closer expect to see more OEM’s to offer their latest devices with the new operating system, especially in time for the back to school rush. Hopefully we see devices offered in innovative ways that support the many new exciting features enabled by Microsoft’s latest OS such as Dell’s listing today of support for Continuum, Windows Hello, and Cortana.
Stay tuned to WinBeta as the next way of computers roll out over the summer in preparation for Windows 10.Further reading: Dell, Microsoft, Windows 10