After weeks of leaked certifications and photos dotted the Internet (some mere hours ago), we finally have our first look at Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy TabPro S 12-inch Windows 10 tablet. Via CES 2016, Samsung provided some details about their interesting new 2-in-1 Windows 10 tablet.
A decidedly more traditional tablet device than Microsoft’s own Surface line, the Galaxy TabPro S looks a good deal like a larger version of the company’s Android tablets. It’s quite thin at 6.3mm, and weighs a paltry 693 grams. That’s impressive for a device running full Windows 10 on a 12-inch Super AMOLED screen.
The specs are equally impressive:
- Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- LTE Cat.6 connectivity option
- 6th Gen. Intel Core M processor (Dual Core 2.2GHz), fanless design
- 12” 2160×1440 Super AMOLED screen
- 5MP AF(Rear), 5MP (Front) cameras
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, GLONASS
- Accelerometer, Hall, Light
- 128GB / 256GB SSD storage options
- 290.3×198.8×6.3mm, 693g(Wi-Fi), 696g(LTE)
- 5,200mAh (39.5W, 7.6V) with full charge in 2.5 hours, up to 10.5 hours battery life
According to Samsung:
“Galaxy TabPro S balances the best of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab with the wealth of features on the Windows 10 operating system for the most advanced tablet experience on the market,” said Dongjin Ko, President and Head of Mobile Communication Business at Samsung Electronics. “We’re thrilled to be working with Microsoft Corp. to deliver a 2-in-1 tablet that truly allows people to enjoy productivity and connections that matter most, through a seamless mobile station designed for all purposes.”
A multi-port adapter with HDMI and USB Type A & C connections will be offered, along with a Bluetooth pen. The included keyboard cover offers dual-angle viewing and connects via Pogo pin to avoiding the necessary to pair or separately charge the keyboard.
Pricing hasn’t yet been set, but the Galaxy TabPro S should be shipping in February 2016. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about this very interesting Windows 10 device.Further reading: CES 2016, Galaxy TabPro S, Microsoft, Samsung, Tablet, Windows 10