AVICII Invector, a rhythm-action title that originally launched on Sony’s PS4 console back in 2017, will finally arrive on Microsoft’s family of Xbox One consoles next month on December 10th. Gamers and music fans can pre-order it and pre-download it from today.
This Xbox One release won’t be just a copy-and-paste of the original PS4 version, though, and will have new music, new worlds, and a variety of unannounced UI and gameplay improvements. AVICII Invector was conceived and worked on by the late DJ himself before his passing and a portion of its profits will go to the Tim Bergling Foundation.
The Tim Bergling Foundation was established by Bergling’s family after his death and is dedicated to raising awareness about mental health issues and suicide prevention. You can read more about the foundation on its official website here.
Here’s the official game description and announcement trailer for AVICII Invector:
AVICII Then | AVICII Now | AVICII Forever
Belt up and blast into the rhythmic regions of unexplored space in AVICII Invector. Created in collaboration with the late superstar DJ, AVICII Invector is a pulse-pounding, frenetic rhythm-action experience. Soar through vocal melodies, sweep each fade and attack every beat in 25 of AVICII’s biggest hits, including global chart toppers: Without You, Wake Me Up and Lay Me Down. Fly solo or recreate the party feeling of an AVICII concert with heart-thumping, competitive gameplay. Each track is built to perfectly match the on-screen visuals taking you through a musical odyssey of serene exploration. Find your rhythm, feel the beat and keep the musical journey flowing.
- Master 25 hit anthems from the phenomenal talent of late superstar AVICII.
- Flow-through SIX mesmerising worlds wrapped in a magnificent musical experience.
- Turn up the volume and set yourself a challenge across THREE complexity levels.
- Play solo or with up to 4 friends in split-screen multiplayer action.
- Lay down your high score and rise up the Global Leaderboards.
- Explore a pure-hearted narrative journey set against the globally celebrated works of AVICII.
Are you a fan of AVICII and will you be picking up this game? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest for more Xbox gaming news.