Aeries for Windows Phone is an extremely capable Twitter client for Windows Phone handsets, offering users with a simple and easy to use interface without compromising on the features it has to offer. Recently, the app picked up an update which introduces a few new features along with tons of bug fixes and improvements.
Among the most notable ones is the background functionality which allows users to enable background refresh so users are greeted with the latest information on the Live tiles. Users can even enable background notifications for different accounts, and filter them for mentions, new tweets, replies, etc.
Here's the complete change log for the latest update:
- You will now receive completions for everyone you follow when composing tweets.
- Settings page UI tweaks (everything is now aligned).
- The option to pin saved searches is no longer hidden when using the white theme (To do this go Discover -> Saved Searches -> Tap ... on the search of your choice).
- When searching your timeline, queries are no longer case sensitive.
- Multiple refresh fixes.
- Fix for potential issues when favoriting and retweeting the same tweet multiple times.
- Fixed error reporting to help me quickly fix issues in the future.
- Xbox image sharing supported.
- Updated Autosuggest UX.
- Easily toggle any filters on and off from the settings page.
- Fix for filters being expiry date causing them to be removed prematurely.
- Give your filters a name to easily identify them.
- Improved refreshing on DM page.
- Updated translations.
- Added Greek, Norwegian and Indonesian languages.
- Fix an issue with image timelines showing multiple save buttons.
- Application bar will now take on your chosen tint color.
- Added Instagram Video support.
- Added Xbox Image sharing support.
- Fixed some issues with Vimeo media not playing in app.
- Background functionality - option to enable background refresh per account (this will keep your cache up to date for offline reading), if you have live tile enabled this will also ensure you always have fresh information on your tile.
- Background notifications - Ability to enable background notifications per account. You can filter it down to mentions, direct messages and retweets currently.
The app costs $4.49, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with it if you're using Twitter on the go. You can check out our hands-on review of the app here.