Microsoft made Windows 11 Build 22621.2359 (KB5030310) available to Windows Insiders enrolled in the Release Preview Channel for Windows 11, version 22H2. This Release Preview Channel build comes alongside build 22000.2479 for Windows 11 (original release).
It consists of 1 feature and 24 improvements. The only provided feature is personalized website recommendations in the Start Menu based on users browsing history, offering quick access to important websites. It enhances user convenience and personalization.
Now, to the improvements, here are a few significant ones.
- Compliance with GB18030-2022 Requirements: This update ensures that when you type in certain Chinese characters, your computer understands and displays them correctly. It fixes any issues with typing these characters, making it more reliable.
- Account Lockout Event 4625 Fix: This fix ensures that account lockout events are correctly logged, enhancing security and troubleshooting.
- Key Distribution Center (KDC) and User Security Identifiers (SID) Enhancement: This improvement simplifies user SID management for mobile device management (MDM) providers, potentially benefiting IT administrators.
- Microsoft Print to PDF Metadata Fix: Correcting the author metadata in printed PDFs is a valuable improvement for document management and professionalism.
- Microsoft Excel Issue Fix: Resolving issues with Microsoft Excel is essential for productivity and preventing application crashes.
A few of these updates, like Greenland’s daylight saving and changing the spelling to ‘Kyiv,’ were also announced in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2338 and Build 22631.2338, which was out to the Beta channel.