Back in May, Microsoft revealed that Candy Crush Saga would be automatically installed for new Windows 10 customers. While some of you may love the idea considering the game is quite popular, others may feel irritated in seeing the app on their Start Menu.
“And we’re excited to be able to announce today that King will bring their game, Candy Crush Saga, to Windows 10. Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch! Over time, other popular and awesome King game titles will be available for Windows 10," Microsoft explained back in May.
Are you sick and tired of seeing Candy Crush Saga pre-installed on your Windows 10 computer? If you are unable to uninstall the app from the Start Menu (right click the app and uninstall), here's what you need to do in order to remove it.
- First, you will need to open Windows Powershell. Just type powershell on Cortana's search box and launch it.
- Once you have Windows Powershell open, type the following command: Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- Look for the PackageFullName line (it should look similar to this: king.com.CandyCrushSaga_1.540.1.0_x86__khqwnzmzfus32)
- Once you find the line, left click and drag in order to highlight the package name. Then right click and hit copy.
- Now type Remove-AppxPackage and paste the package name you highlighted. Hit Enter to run the command.
- Bingo, the app is now uninstalled.