For those of you who use the Video app on Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone, you will be happy to know that an update is waiting for you in the Windows Store. Both updates improve the app’s experience, and we recommend you download these updates as soon as possible.
“Xbox Video brings you the latest HD movies and TV shows on your Windows 8/Windows RT device and makes it easy to watch what you love wherever you are. Rent and buy new blockbuster movies and favorite classics, or catch up on last night’s episodes of the hottest TV shows,” the app description reads.
The Video app update for Windows 8.1 bumps the version number to 2.6.283.0 and adds the following new improvements:
- Resuming the app will now resume your personal videos so that you don’t need to find and manually resume them.
- Video thumbnails in your collection are no longer stretched.
- To give you a better idea of how long your downloads will take, the download manager now displays an approximate time for the download to complete.
- Movie and TV collection now show streaming icons next to the video title if the video has not been downloaded to the device.
- Other minor bug fixes.
The Video app update for Windows Phone was bumped to version 1.6.284.0 for Windows Phone 8 and 2.6.284.0 for Windows Phone 8.1, featuring the following improvements:
- Improved status messages during content downloads
- Fixed an issue that caused HD purchase to be unavailable for some content
- Polish fixes and general improvements
You can snag both app updates via the Windows Store. For those of you who use the Video app, do you prefer it over other services? If not, what other service do you like better?Further reading: Microsoft, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Xbox Video