For fans of traditional top-down arcade racing games, VooFoo Studios is looking to bring the genre into the next generation with their newest title. Mantis Burn Racing has the same look and feel of the old arcade racing games with polished graphics and responsive controllers worthy of our more recent consoles. The studio, led by Mark Williams who worked on the similar Max Rally in 1998, wanted to ensure that MBR “is where fast-paced bumper-to-bumper racing combines with intuitive, tactile gameplay and stunning visuals in one of the best-looking and immersive top-down racers around.”
The impressive high-speed game is sure to get the adrenaline pumping with an extensive career mode, 4-player local split-screen game mode, and online races with up to 8 players speeding through beautifully created environments. The game’s features include:
- Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customizable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
- Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
For now, the studio is celebrating its recent Mantis Burn Racing Early Access release for PC through the Steam platform. What this means is that the game is still currently in development and is not complete as of yet. However, you are able to buy the full game and play it. Early Access also lets players provide feedback and help develop the game further at the cost of owning an earlier unfinished version. Just released on July 5, Steam’s 20% Special Promotion price will only be lasting until next Tuesday, July 12 when the tag will settle for $12.99 retail price. Or you can wait for the finished version to come out on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles later this year.Further reading: Gaming, Racing, Video Games, Xbox One