Just last month at Gamescom, Microsoft passed up the usual press conference in favor of an Xbox FanFest. With such a reaction from gamers across the world, they are now taking to the land Down Under with swag, games, and more.
Xbox fans are being offered an opportunity to take part in an exclusive FanFest experience in Sydney, Australia. The main events will take place between September 27 to September 29. However, 250 lucky people will be getting the VIP treatment from Xbox.
Some of the perks of being one of the lucky few includes:
- A special Forza Horizon 3 launch event at Sydney Dragway, Tuesday afternoon, September 27.
- A secret Wednesday late afternoon activity, September 28, for Gears of War 4.
- Exclusive early access to the Xbox booth at EB Games Expo, Thursday night, September 29, where fans can access the Xbox Booth before it’s open to the public.
- Fan swag, Xbox fan shirt and other goodies.
- Meet and greet some of the industry’s top developers, leaders and influencers.
According to the recent news release, the tickets are being handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis. This means that you'll want to make sure that you're at the Microsoft Store at Pitt Street Mall and in line long before the 10:30 a.m. AEST starting time. It's also worth noting that each ticket is only for one person so they cannot be traded or resold.
Other restrictions include that the ticket holder be over the minimum of 18 years of age and present a valid government issued ID. Parents with children under 18 will not be allowed.
Another interesting tidbit in the FAQ is the mention of EB Games Expo taking place in Sydney this year. The event takes place from September 30 to October 2nd. Xbox news teases that they have nothing to reveal about the "lucky 250" being given tickets to attend the event and that there is "nothing to reveal at this time". Just the topic being shared on the post seems to leave a lot of speculation for fans eager to be one of the chosen attendees.