Windows users usually expect an update to show up on their systems on a Tuesday. That is if they have been keeping their systems regularly up to date. Today, however, General Manager of Microsoft's Operating Systems Group Gabe Aul just took to Twitter to alert Windows Insiders of new updates hitting their systems.
The updates today aren’t mission critical, and they do not offer any new visual features for Windows 10 insiders. What Windows 10 Insider Preview users can expect are some security updates and an update to the Windows Server Technical Preview 2. In a tweet, Gabe has instructed Windows Insiders to visit the Insider Hub in Windows 10, to get a detailed breakdown of the updates.
Hey #WindowsInsiders, some new updates today for PC build 10122. Check Insider Hub for more details.
— Gabriel Aul (@GabeAul) May 27, 2015
The updates include:
- New Update for May 2015 Windows Server Techincal Preview 2 Build 10074
- There aren’t any further details included
- New Security update available for May 2015 Build 10122 and 10074
- This is a cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- New Security updates available for May 2015 Build 10122
- Security update that addresses a vulnerability in Windows Journal that could allow remote code execution
- Security update that addresses a vulnerability in Windows that could allow elevation of privilege
- Another security update that addresses a vulnerability in Windows Journal that could allow remote code execution
Again, not zero-day threat squashing or feature packed updates, but useful none the less. If you’re on build 10122, visit Windows Update in settings to get your updates started.