In a new Building Windows 8 blog post, Microsoft details the new Calendar app for Windows 8, the company’s upcoming operating system. This new Calendar app provides clarity and eliminates distractions, so you have what you need in an efficient manner.
When designing the Calendar app, Microsoft set out to meet the following goals:
- Show your life clearly. You should have crystal clear visibility into what’s happening in your life – at home, at work, and at school.
- Make it easy to get around. Moving back and forth in time should be quick and efficient. Opening events and appointments should feel natural.
- Make it easy to add new items. New things are always coming up in your life. A great calendar makes it easy to make new plans.
- Keep you on time. Well laid plans aren’t very useful if you show up late!
- Be ready to do more. As you get busier, scheduling gets more complicated. Calendar should gracefully handle your needs as they change.
Adding events to the new Metro-styled Calendar app is very easy. Simply click or tap on the day or time you want, and a new event will be easily added to the Calendar. Users can even set a reminder and a nice little popup will appear to remind you. This notification will let you know what is coming up and then disappear, without interfering with what you are doing. Users can also snap their Calendar to the side while working on another app, to view their Calendar at all times.
The Calendar app will also feature a “two-day” view, which offers more focus on whats coming up. “The two-day view is useful because making good time management decisions today often requires understanding what’s coming up tomorrow. In addition, this view takes advantage of today’s modern wide-screen displays without adding additional chrome or distractions just to fill up the extra space,” Microsoft explains.Microsoft, Windows 8