Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 14977 this morning, with the ability to read EPUB ebooks in Edge on mobile devices. PCs are left out this time due to a blocking bug, and so all of the improvements and fixes are for Windows phones only.
Here’s the complete list of what’s been fixed and improved in Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 14977:
- We’ve changed the rendering technology used for many types of UWP app content, so please provide feedback through the Feedback Hub if you notice any new visual glitches in UWP apps.
- Alarms sent by 3rd party alarm apps will now break through Cortana’s Quiet Hours – we appreciate all the app developers who logged feedback requesting this, keep it coming!
- We’ve removed the top-level option in Notification Settings to disable alarms on the lock screen – alarm reliability is a top priority for us, and we’ve found this setting was frequently enabled accidentally, without awareness that it would stop alarms from waking the phone when the phone was locked. For those who still wish to enable this setting, it’s will continue to be available under the per-app notification settings.
- Notifications from Settings can now be customized or disabled – option is available under Settings > System > Notifications > Settings
- We have enabled OAuth support for Yahoo Mail accounts. This will improve sync reliability for those accounts, and provide a secure experience while browsing your email.
- We fixed an issue where disconnecting and reconnecting a wired headset while watching a video might result the audio no longer working.
- We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where certain music apps would unexpectedly stop playing music after a single song.
- We fixed an issue where closing a tab in Microsoft Edge, exiting the app, and then relaunching it would sometimes result in Edge opening to a blank page with the closed tab’s web address in the URL bar.
- We fixed an issue where the Start Settings page wasn’t rendering when opened on external screen while using Continuum.
- We’ve made a number of translation improvements, including, for French (France and Canada) speakers, fixing a grammatical error in the “Don’t Forget!” text seen when shutting down the phone so it now says “N’oubliez pas”, and for Chinese speakers, fixing an issue where the option to clear the Chinese Input Method Editor’s input history was displaying in English rather than Chinese. If you see any other translations that aren’t as you’d expect, please log feedback – we’re listening!
- We fixed an issue where, if the setting to show notifications above lock had been turned off, booting the device and immediately checking the Action Center while the phone was locked could result in the Action Center not displaying any notifications after the phone had been unlocked.
- We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the Camera app might not appear after using the hardware camera button while the screen was off or while on the Glance screen.
- We fixed an issue where Bangla (Bangladesh) keyboard text prediction might stop working after entering character followed by a vowel mark.
That’s not a terribly short list of fixes and improvements, and so if you’re using a Windows 10 Mobile device on the Insiders Fast Ring, then go hit that update button. Let us know in the comments if you run across anything else that’s been fixed or improved.Further reading: Creators Update, Microsoft, Redstone 2, Windows 10 Insider, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 Mobile Insider, Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 14977