Microsoft has released today the Windows 10 Insider build 19619 for Insiders in the Fast Ring, which once again includes minor bug fixes with no new features. There’s a fix for an issue causing bugchecks or freezes in the last couple of builds, but on the other hand, Microsoft is still investigating reports from Insiders being unable to install new builds.
You can read the full list of bug fixes and known issues in this build below:
General changes & improvements
- If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that’s the issue.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds. This is also believed to be the root cause of some Insiders experiencing their PC frequently freezing.
- We fixed an issue while typing into the browser that could result in the Japanese IME unexpectedly being in Private mode even though the browser wasn’t in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl’s Additional Settings > Currency.
- We fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the “Disks and Storage” context in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re still investigating an issue where the Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
In other Windows 10-related news, the team announced today that you can now get the latest Covid-19 updates right from Windows Search. The coronavirus info banner is currently live in 33 countries, and it provides quick access to news articles and the Bing Covid-19 Tracker.
Last but not least, Microsoft has started rolling out a new update to the Windows 10 Your Phone app that will bring the ability to control music and audio from an Android phone. This feature works with popular mobile apps such as Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, and the required Your Phone app update will roll out gradually to PCs running the Windows 10 October 2018 Update or newer.