Microsoft has just announced the release of Windows 10 Insider build 19613, which brings minor bug fixes but no new features. In addition to this new build, today's blog post also mentioned that a new Cortana app update (version 2.2004.1706.0) is now rolling out to all Fast Ring Insiders, bringing support for Bing Answers and Assistant Conversations in 11 new markets including the Canada, Australia, India, and the UK.
Here is the full list of fixes and known issues included in this new build:
- We fixed an issue that was causing app icons in the taskbar to not display correctly, including defaulting to the .exe icon. This issue may have also caused some Insiders to have more reliability issues with explorer.exe.
- We fixed an issue impacting Windows Forms applications where the ImmSetOpenStatus() API wasn’t changing the IME mode correctly when setting focus to text fields while using the new Japanese or Chinese IMEs.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds for Insiders with multiple monitors, resulting in Visual Studio sometimes not responding to clicks.
- We fixed an issue where the doskey / listsize command had no effect.
- We fixed an issue where the doskey /reinstall command killed the commandline session rather than reloading doskey.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when uninstalling a font.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
- We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing unexpected freezes and bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds.
Now that the Windows 10 May 2020 Update is almost ready to roll out to all Windows 10 users, we hope that Microsoft will soon switch its focus on the next feature update coming in the second half of 2020. However, we don't know yet if we should expect a minor update like the November 2019 Update was, or something more substantial. In the meantime, there's no denying that new Fast Ring builds coming from this new development branch have been pretty light on new features so far.