Windows 10 build 16241 brings lots of Mixed Reality Improvements
Microsoft today released Windows 10 build 16241 to the PCs of Windows Insiders across the world. While the build comes with the usual known issues, fixes, improvements, and new features, it also brings a couple of Mixed Reality Improvements. You can read up on these improvements by checking the list below.
- Added support for Mixed Reality Motion Controllers over USB (Wireless/Bluetooth support to come soon!)
- Connection reliability improvements (Code 43 errors in Device Manager).
- We’ve updated the Mixed Reality Portal icon.
- We’ve updated teleportation experience to make this more intuitive and direct.
- We have also improved stability of the headset during your Mixed Reality session.
- We have fixed the issue where the Hill on the side of the cliff house flickers.
- We have also fixed where the audio of HoloTour can now turn off promptly when switching between apps and cliff house.
- we have also fixed speech commands to work during exclusive app sessions.
- We have also improved the experience where we can now load the Environment effectively with no black screen during startup.
- Mixed Reality Portal now explicitly informs users that headsets require USB 3.0.
- Improved support for ASMedia and other 3rd party USB controllers
- 4K 360 Video streaming has also been improved in this build.
- 3Glasses improvements: we have fixed various issues with 3Glasses headset and controller to help jumpstart your development.
- Preset holograms in the Cliff House now show up in the right order.
- We have also fixed the issue where black screen is shown when the environment is loading.
- We have fixed the headset’s sleep cycle to correct according to user activities.
- We have also fixed the issue to enable users to share the Mixed Reality captures to Facebook.
More technical details on these changes are available at the Windows Dev Center. With a list this big, Windows Insiders with Windows Mixed Reality capable PCs should have a much more stable experience after installing this build. As always, keep your feedback coming to Microsoft, and let us know your thoughts on these fixes by dropping us a comment below!Further reading: build 16241, Fast Ring, Microsoft, Mixed reality, RS3, Windows 10, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows Insider, Windows Mixed Reality