The wait for a new Windows 10 Mobile Insider build is finally over. Build 10512 has finally been bestowed upon Fast Ring Insiders today. While Joe Belfiore already explained that previous build 10166 was almost feature complete, the current build should still bring some much-needed improvements to the Windows Mobile experience. Even with an enormous leap in development, build 10512 still comes with a host of known issues.
Fast Ring Insiders should be on the lookout for:
- Mobile hotspot doesn’t work in this build. When sharing the Internet from your phone using Mobile Hotspot, devices will fail to get a valid IP address from your phone and will show no internet access.
- Two-factor authentication for your MSA with a phone number doesn’t work in this build. If you reset your phone and go through the first run experience, you won’t be able to input more than 2 characters for validating phone or text authentication. If you have a secondary email for two-factor authentication – you can choose that. As a workaround, add secondary email for two-factor authentication.
- Some phones might spend a long time in the post update migration experience – just let the phone sit and it should complete this migration.
- Apps that use background audio such as Groove, Podcast, Pandora, etc. will crash when launching after receiving an app update from the Store. Rebooting the device will resolve this issue.
- Some phones with a large number of tiles pinned to the Start screen may get stuck in a state where the device shows “Loading…”; the device will need to be reset or rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
- Some apps may fail to update through the Store with the error code 0x80073cf9; uninstalling the application and reinstalling it will resolve this issue.
- The Movies & TV app will not work in this build (video playback is currently broken).
- One other note is that the Insider Hub is not yet included in the new build. We are working to bring this back into new flights soon.
Interestingly enough, judging by our comment section, many of the issues that occurred in previous builds, will still be a problem for some. Perhaps, a reboot of the device will alleviate most of the issues.
Happy downloading Insiders!