Microsoft has just announced another 19H1 flight for Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring with the preview build 18353. This is another minor release bringing more bug fixes, though it’s worth noting that Microsoft has updated Windows Sandbox to add microphone support, as well as other usability improvements.
Another Fast ring build to close out the week! 18353 is now available! Check out the blog post for all the details! https://t.co/SIPNdkOAiK
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) March 8, 2019
There are still some known issues in this build, including GSODs in games caused by anti-cheat software or the incompatibility issue with Creative X-Fi sound cards. We hope these will get fixed in upcoming builds, but you can the full release notes right below:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things with improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
If Fast Ring Insiders did get two new 19H1 builds this week, it looks like Insiders in the Slow Ring will have to wait a little more longer to get some new bits. Anyway, we’re now deep down in the polishing phase with Microsoft releasing new builds much more frequently, and you can expect this faster release cycle to continue during the month of March.