Not too long ago, WhatsApp updated its beta app for Windows Phone, and now, they are rolling out an update for the stable version of the app as well. The latest update bumps the version to 2.11.586, and introduces a handful of new features. First and the foremost, the latest update improves the performance of the app — it now opens faster than before.
With the latest update, users can edit their images — crop and rotate — and add captions to the photos and videos. It doesn’t end there, the update also give users the ability to archive chats and groups.
Here’s a complete change log for the latest update:
- WhatsApp now opens faster
- Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
- You can now add captions to photos and videos
- Crop and rotate photos
- Added ability to archive chats and groups
- Each chat or group can now have it’s own background
- Better support for phones with high-resolution screen
These are some much needed features, and will turn out to be helpful for many Windows Phone users. Head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab the update.Microsoft, WhatsApp, Windows Phone