If you're looking forward to the HP Elite X3 business-oriented Windows 10 Mobile smartphone, then you're likely aware that it's shipping soon and offers a high-end experience starting at $699 in the U.S. The device is well-spec'd and good looking, and Clove UK has put it through its paces in a new video (via MSPU).
Some of the highlights:
- The device is durable, having survived a few drops, but is of plastic construction with a metal look
- Bezels were larger than desired, but the screen was bright and highly visible
- The SD card slot is shared with dual SIMs, meaning that you can't use a second SIM alongside an SD card
- The dock has a number of connectivity options, including a full-size Ethernet connection but requires a proprietary power connector
- The camera provided good natural color balance and decent performance
- Battery performance could not be fully tested due to some pre-production issues
Overall, Clove gave the Elite X3 relatively high marks, indicating that it's a great option for those for whom Windows 10 Mobile is already an acceptable mobile OS. Let us know in the comments if you're looking forward to getting your own hands on HP's upcoming superphone.