These are the top five free and paid social apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT as of July 26th
We’re beginning to see some good apps appear in the Windows Store for both Windows 8.1 and Windows RT. In fact, as of July 26th, there are a total of 170,390 apps in the Windows Store. As more apps appear, it becomes increasingly difficult to sort through the apps to find the ones you need.
In today’s post, we are going to filter out the noise and showcase the top five free and paid social apps for your Windows 8.1 device. Social apps are quite important, as they help us communicate with our friends or loved ones. While most of you might already have some of these apps installed, you might just discover a new app that you have never heard of before.
The majority of these top apps are social messaging apps, and two of them are Twitter apps. Our favorite Twitter app, Tweetium, is one of the top paid social apps right now. It should also come as no surprise that the official Facebook app is the top free social app.
Keep in mind that the following list of top free and top paid social apps is based on stats from the Windows Store (United States). As of July 26th, these are the top social apps:
- Facebook (free) – Keeping up with your friends is easier than ever with the official Facebook app.
- Viber (free) – With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 300 million Viber users text, call, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G – for free.
- TextNow (free) – This app gives you completely free and unlimited texting directly from your computer! This app helps you stay instantly connected to your friends and family across USA and Canada. The app assigns you a dedicated phone number for texting.
- Skype (free) – Video call a group of your friends or family with free group video calling. You can also make audio calls for free.
- Line (free) – A new communication messenger which allows you to send FREE Emoji messages whenever and wherever you are, 24 hours a day!
- Tweetium ($2.99) – The premium Windows 8 Twitter client you’ve been waiting for. It’s slick. It’s fast. It’s been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets.
- MyGroups ($1.99) – This app lets you connect to your GroupMe account and send and receive messages.
- gleek ($1.99) – A fully loaded Twitter app that also brings you random tweets from users around the world. This app comes packed with features.
- GVoice ($1.99) – Send text messages from your Windows 8 device for free. GVoice is a Google Voiceapp for Windows 8 that lets you view your Google Voice inbox, texts, voicemails, and calls at the touch of a finger.
- Text Desk ($2.99) – When you receive a text message on your smart phone, Text Desk forwards your message to the cloud. From the cloud, your message is pushed to your paired Windows 8 PC and a pop-up notification appears on your PC screen.