Microsoft has released a new batch of updates for its new Surface Pro X device (via WindowsBlogItalia). Indeed, its the third wave of firmware updates for Microsoft's first ARM-based Surface Pro tablet since its November release.
For the owners of Surface Pro X, as usual, the April 2020 firmware updates bring improvements to the reliability and overall system stability. You can get more details in the full release notes below:
- Qualcomm(R) Adreno (TM) 680 GPU: 26.18.0901.8000 improves the Teams app experience.
- Qualcomm(R) Bluetooth UART Transport Driver: 1.0.830.0 improves BT connection reliability.
- Qualcomm(R) Bus Device: 1.0.1000.0000 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm(R) Hexagon (TM) 690 DSP: 1.0.1020.1000 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm(R) Spectra (TM) 390 ISP: 1.0.900.0 improves system stability while using the camera.
- Qualcomm(R) Spectra (TM) 390 ISP: 1.0.900.1 improves system stability while the using camera.
- Qualcomm(R) System Manager Device: 1.0.820.0 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm(R) System Manager Device: 1.0.900.0 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm(R) Wi-Fi B/G/N/AC (2x2) Svc: 1.0.860.0 improves connection reliability.
- Surface Camera AVStream Mini Driver: 1.0.900.1 improves system stability while using the camera.
- Surface Hid Mini Driver: 18.104.22.168 improves system stability.
- Surface Integration Driver: 22.214.171.124 improves adaptive brightness.
- Surface Light Sensor: 126.96.36.199 improves adaptive brightness.
- Surface Radio Monitor: 188.8.131.52 improves connectivity performance in the tablet mode.
- Surface UEFI: 3.462.140.0 improves system stability.
Microsoft's support document indicates that the new bits are rolling out in stages and that “not every Surface will receive the update at the same time”. So don’t worry if you’re seeing them in Windows Update right away. However, they will eventually make their way to all Surface Pro X devices running Windows 10 October 2018 Update, or newer.
Have you seen any significant improvements after installing this new batch of firmware updates? Let us know in the comments section below.