Yesterday on August 30, Microsoft shipped out fresh firmware updates and drivers for the Surface Studio and Surface Pro. Though the Surface Pro is only seeing one update for LTE stability, Surface Studio is picking up tons of new improvements. Read on for more on what has changed (via Windows Central.)
First off, the Surface Pro is getting an update for Surface Mobile Broadband. Please be aware this update is only available for those running the Windows 10 Creators Update or higher. Anyway, it bumps the driver version number up a bit to 18.07.20.1622 and improves LTE stability when using e-SIM. There are only security, reliability, and performance improvements with this update, and nothing else.
On the other hand, Surface Studio is seeing updates for the Bluetooth Radio Adapter, NVIDIA GeForce GTX, Surface Pen, Marvell Wireless, and more. As always, the version numbers of these drivers will get bumped up a bit with yesterday’s update, so check below for the full changelog. Keep in mind that this update is only for performance and compatibility, and everyone should be seeing this latest update, regardless of the Windows 10 version.
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth
15.68.9125.57 improves system security
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M – Display adapters
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M – Display adapters 126.96.36.19927 improves system stability
- NVIDIA High Definition Audio – Sound, video and game controllers: 188.8.131.52 improves system stability
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 118.2311.769.0 Improves wake from sleep and speech recognition
- Surface Integration – System devices: 1.0.456.0 improves system stability
- Microsoft LifeCam Front – Imaging devices: 5.20.1034.2 improves system stability
- Surface Display – Monitors: 184.108.40.206 improves system stability
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters: 15.68.9125.57 improves system security
- Surface Pen Settings – Human Interface Devices: 23.607.139.0 improves Pen performance
- Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) – Sound, video and game controllers: 220.127.116.1142 improves Cortana Wake on Voice feature
- Realtek I2S Amp Device – Sound, video and game controllers: 10.0.10586.17 improves system stability
- Detection Verification – System devices: 18.104.22.168 improves system stability and Cortana performance
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices: 22.214.171.12447 improves system stability and Cortana performance
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – System devices: 126.96.36.19947 improves system stability and Cortana performance
Just as you expect, these latest updates will be rolling out via Windows Update, so you should be getting them automatically. The Surface Studio last got updates in June, then for Surface Pen improvements, and the Surface Pro last got updates on August 8. Get downloading now, and let us know in the comments below if you’re having any issues with the firmware updates.