Surface Pro 3 picks up a system update, improves WiFi, graphics display performance, and more
Microsoft has done a good job when it comes to Surface Pro 3 updates. They have rolled out frequent updates to iron out bugs and issues, as well as improve its performance. Starting today, Surface Pro 3 owners will be able to grab the October 28th System Update, which brings plethora of improvements and bug fixes on board.
It comes with a number of improvements, and fixes WiFi adapter issues, especially in case when the system resumes from sleep, as well as other WiFi-related issues. Furthermore, the update improves system stability, adds a status for future system firmware updates, and more.
Here’s a complete change log as per Microsoft:
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v188.8.131.52) enhances the system stability, increases the reliability of the graphics display performance, and adds a status bar to the experience when applying future System Firmware Updates.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v184.108.40.206) increases the reliability of sleep state transitions with a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station connected.
- Surface Integration update (v2.0.1168.0) addresses setting the Hibernate value in Windows 10.
- Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 – 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3059.117) improves Wi-Fi throughput, especially after rebooting with Bluetooth devices that are paired, enhances power consumption situations, and addresses instances of system instability.
The update will arrive via Windows Update, but the timing of availability may vary since it’s rolled out in stages. So, there’s a chance you may not get it today, but fret not as it will reach you in the next few days. You can also check for the update manually by heading over to Settings > Change PC settings > Update and recovery and then tap on “Check Now.” It should download the update, you can click or tap on “View details” to know what the update has to offer and install it.
Let us know using the comments below if you’ve received the update.Further reading: Microsoft, Surface Pro 3