Surface Pro 3 gets firmware update during Sept 2014 Patch Tuesday, improves WiFi and more
Microsoft has rolled out a firmware update for the Surface Pro 3, as part of September 2014 Patch Tuesday. No firmware updates were released for the company’s previous Surface models, such as the Surface, Surface 2, Surface Pro, and Surface Pro 2.
The firmware update for the Surface Pro 3 simply addresses WiFi stability, along with overall system stability and performance. Here is the complete change log for the firmware update, which is rolling out right now:
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v126.96.36.199) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v188.8.131.52) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including thermostat icon on boot.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
- Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
- Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.
Head over to Windows Update to snag this firmware update. Keep in mind that if you do not see it right away, you will likely have to wait a while. Let us know if you see any improvements or notice any new issues after installing the firmware update.Further reading: Microsoft, Surface Pro 3