The Microsoft Sticky Notes app introduced to users running Windows 7 quite a while ago continues to be widely used. The app simulates the use of traditional Post-It notes on your desktop, writing small notes and lists as reminders.
Today, Sticky Notes got a nice update that makes the app quicker and easier to use. This newest version, which requires Windows 10 version 14393 or higher to run, continues the evolution of Sticky Notes. According to the changelog on the store page, the app will now let you add a new note straight from the taskbar.
The full changelog reads:
- We like to make it as easy as possible for you to capture all your notes, big or small, so we've added the ability to create a new note straight from the jump list.
- We've changed our font from Segoi UI Emoji to Segoe UI for a few different reasons, the most important being that we now support ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. An important change, we think you'll agree.
- Our text was doing a little dance when you tried to resize your notes. It's taken its dancing shoes off now and will stay still as you resize.
- We've made a few little UI adjustments to the upgrade prompt, such as removing the Later button. You'll now find a neat little X in its place.
- Finally, we made a few adjustments so that the app will be speedier at launch. Enjoy!
The addition might seem small but can be a big change for users that often access the app with multiple notes to write. Does this make Microsoft Sticky Notes easier for you to use? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @OnMSFT.