Star Wars Battlefront 2 Xbox One update gets new fighter, level, & more
Star Wars Battlefront II updated on Xbox One consoles to Version 1.1 yesterday. This update made some significant changes to hero characters and classes to improve balancing and also introduced a new hero ship, Iden Versio’s TIE/In Fighter, and a Crait level to play in the Blast mode. Here are the details on both.
Blast on Crait: We’re expanding the ways you can play on Crait by bringing this map to the Blast Game Mode! Battle in the mines among the machinery and crystals leftover from the previous occupants.
Iden Versio’s TIE/In fighter: Now available as a new Hero Starfighter in multiplayer matches! Iden Versio leads by example from her personal TIE/ln fighter. Custom-built for Inferno Squad, this modified TIE has seen heroic service in the name of the Emperor.
Iden Versio’s TIE/In fighter Abilities:
- Afterburner – Gives the starfighter a temporary speed boost and breaks enemy missile lock. The AFTERBURNER can be cancelled after a short time
- Laser Barrage – Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage
- Dual Proton Torpedoes – Fires two proton torpedoes which track the locked target and deal high damage
- Inferno Leader – For the duration of INFERNO LEADER, all enemies within a radius are revealed to allied players. These enemies receive increased damage from all sources
TIE/In fighter Star Cards:
- Engine Heat Dissipator – Decreases the AFTERBURNER cooldown
- Advanced Torpedoes – Increases DUAL PROTON TORPEDO damage
- Vengeful Barrage – Increases the damage of LASER BARRAGE
- Flight Commander – Increases the duration of INFERNO LEADER
- Reinforced Hull – Increases the total health of the starfighter
- Tuned Lasers – Increases primary weapon damage
- Advanced Capacitors – Improves the primary weapons resistance to overheating
- Repair Systems – Reduces the delay before health regeneration begins
- Elite Pilot – Increases the turn rate of the starfighter
- Engine Upgrade – Increases the top speed and how quickly the starfighter can accelerate and decelerate
Iden Versio’s TIE/In fighter Milestones:
- Rapid Assault – Used Iden Versio’s TIE/LN fighter AFTERBURNER ability 25 times
- Precision Strike – Achieve 25 DUAL PROTON TORPEDO kills with Iden Versio’s TIE/LN Fighter
- Hope Cannot Save Them – Achieve 25 LASER BARRAGE kills with Iden Versio’s TIE/LN Fighter
- Avenge Our Emperor – Use Iden Versio’s TIE/LN Fighter INFERNO LEADER ability 25 times
This latest patch also added a night time version of Tatooine to several modes, increased the frequency of alternate lighting for other locations, added milestone completion notifications to the in-game UI, and lowered the requirement of the purple colored rank for troops (now 25 down from 50). You can see the detailed, full release notes here.
Star Wars Battlefront II is a major video game for Microsoft’s family of Xbox One consoles. It’s optimized for the Xbox One X and will play in 4K HDR when played on it and it has been confirmed that all future content updates will be free for all owners of the game
Are you playing Star Wars Battlefront II on your Xbox One? Let us know if you’re enjoying the latest update in the comments below.Further reading: Microsoft, Video Games, Xbox, Xbox One