Earlier this week on May 3rd, Microsoft released an 1805 System Update to Xbox Insider Preview Alpha members. This update brings several improvements, support for 120Hz output, and, more importantly, the ability to connect an Xbox account with Discord.
As stated before, to connect an Xbox Live account to Discord, you need to head to the Discord app on PC, and mobile, or the "Linked social accounts" settings option on Xbox One. Linking a Discord account to Xbox will share your Xbox Live presence across Discord with anyone, regardless of privacy settings on your Xbox account.
Here's more on how to get it working on Xbox:
- Go to Settings > Accounts >Linked social accounts
- Select "Link" under Discord
- Follow the instructions in your screen to start the account linking proccess
- Say "Yes" to the Microsoft Account concent dialog
- Take note of the 6 digit PIN code
- Go to your Discord app and insert the 6 digit code that shows up in your screen
Other features also coming in this update are improvements to the Xbox Accessories App, more Privacy options, the ability to trim clips directly for the guide. You can learn more about those features by checking out our post here.